Concept A:M – Website Design & Marketing Strategy – Hamble, Southampton

Data Protection Policy

No, sorry, if a Standard or Enhanced Disclosure is required it is usually done through your employer who must use a registered or umbrella body such as us.
Anyone is eligible for a Basic Disclosure. Standard Disclosures are usually done on people who will be working/volunteering in an environment where children or vulnerable adults are present less than once a week or 4 days in any 30 day period. If you are in more frequent contact than this you will often require an Enhanced check. The Government offer extensive guidance on this at
This depends on your job, the nature and status of your conviction (spent or unspent) and your employer’s own policy. We supply the information for employers to make a decision.
We aim to complete our search within six weeks of receiving your employer’s request. If there are references to be obtained from abroad or you need to provide evidence to support periods in their career history it may take longer.
For full information regarding this please click (link) to our download our BS7858 advice.
A character referee is someone who knows your character and abilities and can vouch for you. They should also be aware of your employment history (not specific dates but a general idea of what job you were doing at what time period). They should have known you a minimum of 3 years, but 5 or more is better. They CANNOT be related to you by marriage or blood, live at the same address as you or be already providing an employment reference.
We may request this to prove a period in your employment history because we’re unable to get a reference confirming employment from one of your former employers (if they no longer exist, or are abroad, or decline to provide a reference). If BS7858 screening standard has been requested this is a standard requirement. Otherwise your employer has asked for it in order to complete the security screening process.